Quality Management - Part 1 (Diploma) part time
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Friday 9th Sept 2022
Setting up a quality system, the elements of a quality system, basic management theory, auditing, problem solving and quality improvement, product and service quality, quality costs, implementing TQM and documentation control. The format of this course is that typical of a management course i.e. it involves discussion and background reading; essay type answers are required in the written examination and the course is partially examined by project work.
Applicants are required to have passed, at least, an introductory course in quality assurance such as MTU's ‘Certificate in Quality Assurance – Special Purpose Award’ or the ‘City & Guilds Certificate in Quality Assurance’. Graduates of honours science and engineering degree programmes with quality assurance as a component subject would usually be eligible provided they have sufficient appropriate experience. Applications on an “equivalent” basis are considered on an individual basis.
As coursework on this programme involves a significant quantity of both oral and written reports, examinations, and presentations, applicants must be competent in spoken and written English.
All part-time programmes at MTU will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that fees quoted relate to the academic year 2022-2023 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
For more information on fees, please visit fees/students
Course fee: €700 (payable to MTU)
Exam fee: (Currently €150) payable to the external examining body EIQA.
Duration: One evening per week for one academic year, Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, 7pm - 10pm, (usually Tuesday).
Topics covered include
- Setting up a quality system
- The elements of a quality system
- Basic management theory
- Problem solving and quality improvement
- Product and service quality
- Quality costs
- Implementing TQM and documentation control
Diploma in Quality Management – Part 1.
Excellence Ireland Quality Association (EIQA)
- Online application is open for course commencing Tuesday 20th Sept 2022.
- Course Acceptance Fee: €700 payable to MTU + Exam fee: Currently €150 (payable to the external examining body EIQA)
- Note: Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application. Applications will not be assessed unless applicants supply details of qualifications and experience.
- Provided applicants are qualified for the course for which they are applying, then a system of first come first served will operate.