Quality Management - Part 2 (Diploma) Part-time
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
16th September 2019
This is the second part of a two part course therefore applicants are required to have the Diploma in Quality Management – Part 1.
As coursework on this programme involves a significant quantity of both oral and written reports, examinations, and presentations, applicants must be competent in spoken and written English.
The format of this course is typical of a management course involving participation, discussion and background reading. The project constitutes a very important part of the year’s work and marks are awarded accordingly.
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
An Information session will take place on Wednesday 4th September 2019 from 5.30pm to 7.00pm at the CIT Bishopstown Campus. Institute staff will be in attendance to offer career guidance and assistance.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2019-2020 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
Course fee: €800 (payable to CIT)
Exam fee: Currently €150, payable to the external examining body EIQA
Duration: One evening per week for one academic year, Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, 7pm - 10pm, (usually Wednesday).
The course is a follow-on to the Diploma in Quality Management – Part 1.
Topics covered include
- Introduction to Total Quality
- Quality Management Philosophies
- Managing for Quality
- Review of Quality Standards
- Quality Awards
- Human Resource Development
- Process Management
- Strategic Information Management
- Developments in Total Quality
Diploma in Quality Management – Part 2
Excellence Ireland Quality Association (EIQA)
- Online application is open 1st May for course commencing 9th September 2019.
- Once an application is approved a €400 fee to accept the place on the course must be paid within 7 days. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Note: Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application. Applications will not be assessed unless applicants supply details of qualifications and experience.
- Provided applicants are qualified for the course for which they are applying, then a system of first come first served will operate.