Advanced Manufacturing Technology ((BEng Honours)
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Full time,Part time
Application Closing Date:
20th September 2019
Merit or better in a relevant Diploma course (Level 7) or equivalent. Are you eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)? For details, see www.cit.ie/rpl
This honours engineering degree programme aims to produce graduates who can make a significant contribution to the design, operation, and management of manufacturing systems, as well as to the quality and reliability of manufactured products, parts and equipment.
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
Part-time Course Delivery
Three evenings per week, 7pm – 10pm and
One Saturday per month, 10am – 5pm
The course can be completed in two academic years.
All industries involved in the production of goods, whether biomedical, pharmaceutical, chemical, process, electronic or aeronautical require manufacturing engineers. These industries invest heavily in the most up to date automation, software and process control equipment as well as utilising the most modern of training and management techniques.
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Advanced Manufacturing Technology (Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications).
|Modules||Annual Fee per Module|
Engineering Project Management
Mathematics and Statistics
Maintenance & Reliability
Electives (Choose One)
Process Automation & Control
Advanced Materials & Processes
CIT has developed a website which gives full details of all modules for all courses. The website also has information on recommended textbooks, average weekly workload, assessments, and exams.
Detailed module information is available here
Full-Time Mode of Study
Applications for this course are processed by the Central Applications Office (CAO) - Advanced Entry
Please ensure that you include all relevant information that might help us assess your application:
Transcripts from previous Higher Education
- A CV with information about relevant previous experience with references
- A statement of interest.
Part-Time Mode of Study
- Online application will open 10 June 2019 for part-time mode of study for course commencing 16th September 2019.
- Applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.