ACCA Diploma in Accounting & Business
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
11th September 2017
Organisation and Professional Development
Tuesday 6pm – 10pm & Wednesday 6.30pm – 9.00pm
Course Fee: €1,500 (excl Exam Fee)
CIT fee to be paid on Registration
Professional Accountancy Courses
Note: Registration fees, annual subscription, examination fees etc. are payable to Professional Bodies for each of the accountancy courses. These are not included in the course fees quoted. Please take note of the closing dates for examination registration. Before accepting a place on this course, students are reminded to ensure that they have clearly understood all the terms of their enrolment with CIT, in particular clauses concerning refunds, deferments, waivers, course transfers, and visa applications (when applicable).
Delivery & Duration
Tuesday 6.30pm - 10.00pm and Wednesday 7pm - 9pm for one academic year.
The Diploma is suitable for those aspiring to work or already working in the following types of roles:
• basic bookkeeping;
• trainee accountant in a commercial organisation or accounting practice;
• accounts clerk in public or private sector.
The Diploma in Accounting and Business is broadly equivalent to HND level/equivalent to the first year of a degree.
F3 Financial Accounting (FFA);
F2 Management Accounting (FMA);
F1 Accounting in Business (FAB) and
Foundations in Professionalism (offered entirely online via ACCA).
Students who successfully complete the Diploma in Accounting and Business via Foundations in Accountancy can either:
transfer to the ACCA Qualification and commence their studies at F4 onwards of the ACCA Qualification
continue to study for the Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) Qualification.
However, please note students who continue with the CAT Qualification will have to complete a further 6 CAT exams and gain one year’s relevant work experience. The CAT qualification involves completing 9 exams, three of which you will have completed as part of the Diploma in Accounting in Business, and one year’s relevant work experience.
Subjects FFA, FMA and FAB will be taught from September to May with examinations taking place in early June.
Diploma in Accounting & Business
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Candidates may be eligible to apply for Exemptions. These may be viewed at www.accaglobal.com/exemptions
- Online application is open for course commencing 11th September 2017.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €500 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Registration Details
Students must register online with ACCA by December at W: www.accaglobal.com/applynow and also register directly with ACCA for paper based exams.
Note: ACCA* registration, exam and exemption (if applicable) fees are payable directly to ACCA. CIT fee to be paid on registration.
- Some candidates may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning based on previous academic or work experience. If you think you may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning, please check out www.cit.ie/rpl
- ACCA registration, exam and exemption (if applicable) fees are payable directly to ACCA.