Software Development (Higher Certificate) Part-time
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
18th September 2017
Non-Standard Applicants: Mature Students, FETAC (now QQI) Level 5, are particularly welcome.
Standard Applicants: Leaving Certificate grade D3 at Ordinary or Higher Level in 5 subjects including Mathematics, and either English or Irish.
The Higher Certificate in Software Development aims to provide students with the fundamental knowledge and software development skills that will enhance their employment opportunities, while also providing a platform for pursuing further education. The programme will equip students with essential theoretical and practical skills in software development, specifically focusing on topics such as programming languages, software development methodologies, database management systems, operating systems and web development. On successful completion of this degree programme there is a progression pathway available to enable students to enter the Level 7 BSc in Software Development programme.
|All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2017-2018 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
An Information/Registration session will take place on Wednesday 6th September from 6.00pm to 8.00pm at the CIT Bishopstown Campus. Institute staff will be in attendance to offer career guidance and assistance.
€250 per module
This programme is supported under The National Development Fund
Higher Certificate in Software Development (Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications).
(Single module certification possible).
On successful completion of this programme there are progression opportunities open to further Higher Education Qualifications at Ordinary Degree and Honours Degree Level.
Further Studies: BSc (Hons) in Software Development
Please click on the 'Modules Tab' above for detailed module information.
Among the areas you would be required to study are:
- Programming Fundamentals
- Web Development Fundamentals
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Security Principles
- Maths for Computer Science
- Creativity Innovation & Teamwork
- Modular Programming
- Introduction to Databases
- Operating Systems in Practice
- Networking Fundamentals
- Physical Computing
- Discrete Mathematics 1
- Object Oriented Principles
- Requirements Engineering
- Linear Data Structures & Algorithms
- Database Design
- Server-side Web Development
- Object Oriented Programming
- NoSQL Data Architectures
- OO Analysis and Design
- C Programming
- Systems Scripting
- Probability and Statistics
- Online applications are open for course commencing in September.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €500 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.