Evening and Weekend Courses
- Please click here to access listing of Evening and Weekend courses.
- The Continuing Education Handbook 2013 -2014 is available in print format. The Handbook is available online here or if you would prefer, by post. Please send your postal details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please click on the "Apply" tab of the course information webpages for details on how to apply.
- Click the Continuing Education Handbook above to view in Full Screen Mode or CLICK HERE to download in PDF format
Information/Registration for Adult Evening Courses
Registration forms must be completed in full. It is particularly important that each applicant clearly identifies the course and subjects for which he/she is registering. The onus is on each applicant to ensure that this information is accurate.
Early registration is advisable as numbers of places on courses are limited.
Information/Registration for Adult Evening Courses for the academic year beginning September 2013 will take place at the CIT Bishopstown Campus from 6.00pm to 8.30pm on the following dates:
Tuesday 3rd September 2013
Faculty of Business & Humanities: Business Studies & Accounting, Media Studies, Social & General Studies, and Tourism & Hospitality.
Wednesday 4th September 2013
Faculty of Engineering: Chemical, Civil, Structural & Environmental, Construction, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing, Centre for Advanced Manufacturing & Management Systems (CAMMS), Centre of Crafts Studies, Nautical, and Transport & Automobile.
Faculty of Science & Informatics: Applied Physics & Instrumentation, Biological Science, Chemistry, Computing, and Mathematics.
Institute staff and representatives of Professional Bodies will be in attendance during each session to offer career guidance and assistance.
Thursday 5th September 2013
CIT Crawford College of Art & Design
NB: Enrolment will take place at the CIT Crawford College of Art & Design, Sharman Crawford Street, Cork, from 6.00pm to 8.30pm.
NB The Fees Office will use your CIT email account for important communications.
Tax Relief on Tuition Fees - Third Level Education Courses must be at least 2 academic years duration for undergraduates and 1 year for post graduate course.
Tax relief is available for one course per individual in a tax year and is at standard rate of tax. See leaflet IT1 “Tax Credits, Rates & Reliefs” also available from Revenue Forms & Leaflets – Lo Call 1890 306706.
Details of course fees are included with the course information. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only. Registration fees for professional bodies etc. are payable separately to these institutions.
Students will be notified of their fees by e-mail to their CIT e-mail account and in all cases, course fees must be paid before attending lectures. Students can check their account balance and pay their fees online at www.cit.ie/pay
Failure to pay fees on time will result in a late payment fee of 10% being applied.
- Where course fees are being funded by an employer, you are asked to seek payment or reimbursement from your employer.
- For semesterised courses, students pay for the relevant modules at the beginning of each semester. Payment of fees by laser, debit or credit card can be made online at www.cit.ie/pay or by contacting the accounts office T: 021 433 5440.
Students should familiarise themselves with the relevant section of the Student Regulations.
Please note that the Fees Office will use your CIT email account for important communications.
The following refund policy applies to all courses detailed in the Continuing Education Handbook for the 2013/14 academic year:
- A full refund will be given to all applicants for courses which do not proceed.
- A full refund (less 15% administration fee) will be given to applicants for short courses if requested up to one week after course commencement. No refunds will be given thereafter.
- A full refund (less 15% administration fee) will be given to applicants for semesterised courses if requested up to one month after semester commencement. No refunds will be given thereafter.
- A full refund (less 15% administration fee) will be given to applicants for full year courses if requested before 31st October 2013. No refunds will be given thereafter.
- All applications for refunds must be made on the appropriate Refund Form, which can be requested from the Finance Office.