Places are limited – apply now!
The Springboard+ initiative gives an opportunity to job seekers to access relevant courses in CIT free of charge, while maintaining their benefits.
Close to three hundred job seekers can avail of places, on eighteen courses, at Cork Institute of Technology under the 2015 Springboard+ Initiative.
The courses available in CIT, for which there are NO FEES, include intensive conversion courses in Cloud Computing, Mobile Software Development and Data Science and Analytics, as well as courses in Automation, Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma Methodologies, Environment and Energy Engineering and Plant and Piping Design. This year, there are also new course options in Building Information Modelling and Architectural Green Practice. All the courses are designed, and developed, in close collaboration with industry partners and provide a dynamic pipeline of job-ready graduates, with up-to-the-minute skills, and valuable qualifications for the sectors of the economy which are are expanding and recruiting. The courses are designed to meet current and future skills needs in Ireland and range across all education levels.
CIT has an excellent record of success under the Springboard initiative with very positive outcomes for students. All courses available on Springboard are FEE FREE.
Details on available courses, eligibility and the application process are available at www.springboardcourses.ie
See the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on www.springboardcourses.ie for more information on eligibility.
CIT will offer the following courses under the Springboard+ Initiative in 2015:
(Apply early as places are limited for these courses)
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Multiple Intakes)
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Multiple Intakes)
- HDip in Science in Cloud Computing
- HDip in Science in Cloud & Mobile Software Development
- HDip in Data Science & Analytics
- Certificate in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Operations
- Diploma in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Operations
- Certificate in Plant & Piping Design
- Postgraduate Diploma in Civil Engineering (Environment & Energy)
- Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Honours in Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Certificate in Building Information Modelling
To support you in making a decision about suitable courses there is a guidance service available through the Springboard guidance line on T: 1800 303 523.
For each course on www.springboardcourses.ie there is a contact name and details where you can get further course-specific information.
General advice is also available from a range of sources, including:
- Adult Guidance Service (www.aegai.ie)
- Local Employment Service (LES) network (www.localemploymentservices.ie), and
- Your local Social Protection facilitator (www.welfare.ie)
For more information contact CIT by E: email@example.com or T: 021 433 5044.
All of the courses have a minimum entry requirement. Please note that CIT offers a Recognition of Prior Learning system, details of which can be found here.
In CIT RPL can be used to gain: