Arts & Wellbeing
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
15th September 2022
The Certificate in Arts & Wellbeing (Level 9, 20 credits) offers an introduction to key concepts in models of Wellbeing, with a focus on the arts. The course gives participants opportunities to explore arts and wellbeing activities in a personal and group dimension, supported by a reflective process. The aim of the course is to equip participants with practical approaches to Arts and Wellbeing, which can be applied in a range of contexts.
Applicants normally require:
- An Honours degree, or equivalent, in Visual Art/Theatre/Music or a relevant area, with a minimum of an Honours 2.2 (or equivalent) are eligible to apply for the programme.
- In certain circumstances mature applicants with professional experience will be considered for eligibility through recognition of prior and experiential learning rpl
- When you are completing the application form (see Apply Tab above) please upload CV and a motivational statement detailing why you want to do the course.
Course Fee: €1,700
Certificate in Arts & Wellbeing, level 9, 20 ECTS on the National Framework of Qualifications
MTU Crawford College of Art & Design
One Academic Year (Part-time. 1 day twice a month in person, 1 evening online every 2nd week)
WHY DO THE COURSE?
Explore key concepts and theories at the core of the field of Arts in Health and Wellbeing and the application of arts rich practices in relation to engaging these ideas in diverse contexts.
Develop methodologies to enhance wellbeing through the arts which can be adapted to your area of practice, or added as a new skillset to your profession.
- Arts and Wellbeing in Social Care
- Arts and Wellbeing in Education
- Arts programming Production Management
- Arts and Wellbeing programme Developer
- Arts in Health programmes
- Outreach Education programmes
- Artist Engaged in Community Issues
- Professional Artist
- Gallery/Museum Education
- Youth work
- Community Education
- Second Chance Learning
- Community Development Officer
- Arts in Health Practitioner
- Places on this programme are offered to suitable applicants on a rolling basis and will close once we reach maximum participant number. It is in your interest to apply for the programme as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Online application is open for course commencing 28th September 2022.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €500 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you, and you wish to accept it.
- Please upload a CV, some images of your practice (where relevant) and a 'Reasons for Applying' statement to the additional information section on the Online Application Form'.