Digital Marketing (Certificate 20 Credits)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
LEVEL 8 Special Purpose Award
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
14th December 2020
Three sessions of 2 hours a week during weekdays over one semester, i.e. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
July Stimulus Higher Education Authority (HEA) Initiative
Are you eligible? Most of these courses are free... and some of them you only have to pay 10% of the fee!
|Please view the 'Apply Tab' above for more information on eligibility.|
This Level 8 module is funded through an initiative of the HEA. The module is free of charge if you are unemployed, a homemaker returning to work or are in receipt of the COVID-19 unemployment payment at the time the programme begins 25th January 2021.
If you are in employment, were previously self-employed or are a recent graduate (2020), you may be eligible provided you meet the nationality/visa requirement and residence requirement. These categories of learner are eligible for 90% funding and will be required to pay 10% (€150) of the standard tuition fee.The standard tuition fee for this programme is €1,500.
These are in line with the current requirements for Springboard courses https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
Students should note that the 10% course fee is non-refundable except in cases where courses do not proceed.
Personal data may be shared with the Higher Education Authority, for example to determine eligibility for funding or for statistical purposes. This will at all times be done in compliance with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. Further information can be found at https://hea.ie/about-us/data_protection/
Marketing and International Business
The Certificate in Digital Marketing is an intensive one semester part-time programme entailing lab work, seminars, and live-case work that is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and confidence required to successfully market business in a digital environment. The programme uses an innovative blend of real-world situations and problems to assist participants in exploring the opportunities of the digital environment.
The industry focus of the programme coupled with the applied nature of teaching provides a practical bedrock of knowledge and experience which can be used to immediate effect in a multitude of business contexts. Participants will explore various social media platforms, website technologies (including mobile), analysis tools and much more in developing a toolbox of skills that is valuable and readily usable in a B2C and B2B environment.
The programme is structured to ensure that participant’s time is used wisely and entails a variety of speakers drawn from the business world. A key tenet of this course is Authentic Assessment, and over 80% of marks for assignments are based around tasks thatDigital Marketing Managers might be expected to perform.What’s more, an innovative blend of lectures, workshops and other teaching methods is used to ensure that the programme is relevant, engaging and enjoyable.
Online: Participants attend all classes online. Webcam and microphone are required and attendees are expected to attend all sessions ‘live’. Three sessions of 2 hours a week during weekdays over one semester, i.e. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
The programme has been developed to ensure that participants are developing sustainable skills and knowledge that underpin digital marketing. Specifically, the programme aims:
- To develop knowledge of digital marketing tools and technologies in the context of the strategic direction of a business.
- To integrate traditional marketing principles into marketing activity in online and mobile environments.
- To apply practical skills to web design to ensure optimised web/mobile platforms using SEO and content management strategies.
Detailed module information is available here
- Digital Marketing Environment – This module explores the current marketing landscape with emphasis on the challenges posed by the digital context in which many businesses are now operating. This module is delivered using workshops and seminars.
- Digital Advertising and Social Media – This practical lab based module will enable students to formulate an integrated digital marketing communications campaign. Students will also learn how to leverage a company's presence on social media platforms to generate more connections and build relationships with customers.
- Website Optimisation and Analytics – Many businesses are using inefficient and outdated websites that perform poorly in terms of search engine optimisation. This module will focus on the development of websites using existing technologies such as Wordpress and similar content management systems. Participants will explore how to integrate add-ons such as PayPal and social media content with a view to optimising the website from a usability search engine optimisation perspective.
- Applied Digital Marketing Strategy – This module acts as a capstone on the certificate and draws together learning from the above areas with a particular focus on developing a strategic context for content, technology and alternative platforms.
The Certificate in Digital Marketing is part of the Master of Science in Digital Marketing Strategy. Completion of this programme may allow entry to Semester 2 of that Masters programme.
Online application is open (link is at the end of this page) for Returners, the Employed, formerly Self Employed and recent Graduates who meet the eligibility criteria at the time of course commencement 25th January 2021.
Candidates may be required to undertake an interview at MTU Cork before admission to the course.
Eligibility criteria is in line with the current requirements for Springboard courses
Your application will not be assessed further until the supporting documentation is submitted. Please upload the relevant documentation with your application. Please note that all applicants are required to submit a passport or birth certificate (a driving licence will not be accepted).
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com for assistance.
1. Employment Status
Please email supporting documentation that you are currently in receipt of a Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection payment outlined below, or that you are signing for Social Insurance Contribution Credits. This supporting documentation should be in the form of a receipt of payment or a letter from the Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection.
Please call the customer service line on 071 9193302 to request this letter
- Jobseekers Benefit
- Jobseekers Allowance
- One Parent Family
- Disability Allowance
- Qualified Adults of Working Age
- Carers Allowance
- Farm Assist/Fish Assist
- Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner's Contributory or Non-contributory Pension
- Blind Pension
- Deserted Wives Allowance
b) Employed/Self Employed
Email a copy of your most recent Employment Detail Summary, payslip, other relevant revenue documentation or a letter from your current employer, to confirm employment.
A declaration to attest to your employment status must be sworn before a Commissioner of Oaths. It must be signed, dated and stamped before submission. When this has been completed, please email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Residency/Nationality Status
As required by Higher Education Authority
- All applicants are required to submit a passport or birth certificate.
Please note driving licence will not be accepted
- Candidates must provide documentation to provide proof that they have been resident in an EU country for 3 of the past 5 years preceding entry of the programme i.e. since January 2016
- Note: The period of residency for holders of Stamp 4 or Stamp 4 EU FAM is calculated from the date of receipt of the Stamp 4. Any period of residency in the state before this date will not be taken into consideration.
Examples of Documents acceptable for evidence of having lived in an EU country
- A sworn Affidavit from a solicitor in Ireland confirming residency in Ireland for specific dates (from and to). Your name and passport number to be noted, dated, and stamped by a solicitor’s office.
- Original letter from a place of work – dated, stamped, and signed by an official there. Dates from and to clearly indicated.
- P60 from 3 of the last 5 years.