Intelligent Manufacturing Systems
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
30/8/2019 (Via Springboard+)
2 semesters. At least two evenings per week, partly class room based, partly blended (online)
Candidates will require a Level 8 qualification in one of the following: Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics and Instrumentation, Mechatronics or cognate discipline. Candidates with sufficient experience which in the judgement of CIT may be deemed equivalent to this qualification will be considered following the principles/procedures set out the Institute’s Recognition of Prior Learning service in CIT (see www.cit.ie/rpl).
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
Course Fee €4,200
The Certificate in Intelligent Manufacturing Systems is a Level 9 programme which aspires to bridge the gap between the engineering operations and information technology paradigms in the manufacturing sector. Smart Manufacturing has been described as the synthesis of advanced manufacturing capabilities and digital technologies to produce highly customisable products faster, cheaper, better, and greener. A smart factory will integrate data from system-wide physical, operational, and human assets to drive manufacturing, maintenance, inventory tracking and the digitisation of operations in order to achieve this goal.
Participants will acquire the skills necessary to contribute effectively to operate in the factory of the future, bringing manufacturing through to the next level envisaged by Industry They will acquire specific knowledge of the new and emerging areas and how to integrate IT with Manufacturing Technology. Specific topics include Machine Learning, Data Science and Information Analytics, Robotics and Autonomous systems, Maintenance and machine Prognostics.
Certificate in Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (Level 9 on the
National Framework of Qualifications).
- Applications for this course are processed via Springboard+
- This course open to all applicants; Employed, Unemployed, and Returners who meet the eligibility criteria at the time of course commencement.
- Documentation supporting applicant’s status will be required as part of the application process.
- Further proof confirming an applicant’s continued eligibility will also be required at the time of course commencement.
- Visit: Am I Eligible For a Springboard+ Course? at https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
- The dedicated Springboard freephone helpline is available for further advice and information – 1800 303 523.