Intelligent Manufacturing Systems
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
28/8/2020 (Via Springboard+)
2 semesters. Two evenings per week online.
Candidates will require a Level 8 qualification in one of the following: Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics and Instrumentation, Mechatronics or cognate discipline.
Candidates with sufficient experience which in the judgement of CIT may be deemed equivalent to this qualification will be considered following the principles/procedures set out the Institute’s Recognition of Prior Learning service in CIT (see www.cit.ie/rpl).
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
Course Fee €4,200
The Certificate in Intelligent Manufacturing Systems is a Level 9 programme which aspires to bridge the gap between the engineering operations and information technology paradigms in the manufacturing sector. Smart Manufacturing has been described as the synthesis of advanced manufacturing capabilities and digital technologies to produce highly customisable products faster, cheaper, better, and greener. A smart factory will integrate data from system-wide physical, operational, and human assets to drive manufacturing, maintenance, inventory tracking and the digitisation of operations in order to achieve this goal.
Participants will acquire the skills necessary to contribute effectively to operate in the factory of the future, bringing manufacturing through to the next level envisaged by Industry They will acquire specific knowledge of the new and emerging areas and how to integrate IT with Manufacturing Technology. Specific topics include Machine Learning, Data Science and Information Analytics, Robotics and Autonomous systems, Maintenance and machine Prognostics.
Certificate in Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (Level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications).
- Applications for this course are processed via Springboard+
- Online application is open for the Employed, Unemployed, and Returners who meet the eligibility criteria at the time of course commencement.
- Documentation supporting applicant’s status will be required as part of the application process.
- Further proof confirming an applicant’s continued eligibility will also be required at the time of course commencement.
- Visit: Am I Eligible For a Springboard+ Course? at https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis. Once the course is full, online applications will close for the course.
If you are eligible for Springboard funding please apply at the following link https://springboardcourses.ie/details/8040
For direct application
- Online application is open for course commencing September 2020.
- Course Fee €4,200. Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.