Places are limited – apply now!
Cork Institute of Technology (CIT) is delighted to offer Springboard funded* courses under the Springboard+ Initiative. Courses available include Cloud Computing, Biopharmaceutical Processing, Building Information Modelling (BIM), Cleanroom Manufacturing Practices, Digital Marketing, Information Design & Development, Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, Leadership Development, Validation Science, Designing Innovative Services and Lean Sigma Yellow Belt.
These courses are designed and developed in close collaboration with industry partners and provide a dynamic pipeline of job-ready graduates, with up-to-the-minute skills, and valuable qualifications, for sectors of the Irish economy that are expanding and recruiting.
Springboard+ provides free higher education courses in areas of identified skills needs to unemployed people, those previously self-employed and those returning to work. Courses will also be free for employed people on NFQ Level 6 courses. For employed participants on courses NFQ level 7 – 9, 90% of the course fee will be funded by the Government, with participants required to contribute just 10% of the fee.
Dr Orla Flynn, Vice President for External Affairs at CIT stated that “CIT has an excellent record of delivering work-relevant programmes under the Springboard initiative, enabling many learners to engage flexibly with educational opportunities, gaining new skills even while in the workplace. Our offerings for 2019 are drawn from key areas of strength in CIT such as smart manufacturing, validation science, cloud computing and service design. We look forward to welcoming new Springboard students to CIT later this year and supporting upskilling for our workplaces of the future”.
*Details on available courses, eligibility and the application process are available at www.springboardcourses.ie
List of Courses:
Details on available courses, eligibility and the application process are available at www.springboardcourses.ie
See the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on www.springboardcourses.ie for more information on eligibility.
General advice is also available from a range of sources, including:
- Adult Guidance Service (www.aegai.ie)
- Local Employment Service (LES) network (www.localemploymentservices.ie), and
- Your local Social Protection facilitator (www.welfare.ie)
For more information contact CIT by E: email@example.com or T: 021 433 5040.
All of the courses have a minimum entry requirement. Please note that CIT offers a Recognition of Prior Learning system, details of which can be found here.
In CIT RPL can be used to gain:
- an exemption or mark for a module or for a number of modules;
- entry to a course in first year where an applicant may not meet the standard entry requirements;
- advanced entry to a course at a stage other than first year.
There are two main categories within RPL
- the recognition of learning which has already had formal certification within the higher education system in Ireland or abroad, often referred to as formal learning.
- the recognition of learning which has been gained through experiences in the workplace, in voluntary work or elsewhere, usually referred to as experiential learning.
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020.