Places are limited – apply now!
Under the 2020 Springboard+ and Human Capital Initiatives, CIT has secured in excess of €4.5M to provide almost 800 course places for those who are seeking to reskill or upskill. Approximately 550 of these places will become available in September 2020 with the balance becoming available over the following two years.
These funded places are spread over 23 courses in a broad range of disciplines including Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Data Science and Analytics, Quantity Surveying and Culinary Skills, as well as in Automation & Control, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Practices & Systems, Information Design & Development and Leadership Development.
The full list of courses and eligibility criteria is available at www.springboardcourses.ie. Springboard courses will open for applications on June 25th.
The Springboard+ initiative provides free higher education courses in areas of identified skills needs to unemployed people, those previously self-employed and those returning to work. For employed participants who wish to upskill, 90% of the course fee will be funded by the Government.
The Human Capital Initiative (HCI) offers incentivised places on a range of newly-developed courses for graduates to reskill in areas where there is evidence of skills shortage and emerging technologies.
All CIT courses have been designed and developed in close collaboration with our local and regional employer partners, to address areas of immediate and future growth and ensure a dynamic pipeline of job-ready graduates.
These courses, ranging from level 6 to Level 9 will be offered in flexible, blended learning modes to suit the needs of learners as they acquire industry relevant skills and valuable qualifications.
*Details on available courses, eligibility and the application process are available at www.springboardcourses.ie
List of Courses:
Details on available courses, eligibility and the application process are available at www.springboardcourses.ie
See the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on www.springboardcourses.ie for more information on eligibility.
General advice is also available from a range of sources, including:
- Adult Guidance Service (www.aegai.ie)
- Local Employment Service (LES) network (www.localemploymentservices.ie), and
- Your local Social Protection facilitator (www.welfare.ie)
For more information contact CIT by E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 021 433 5040.
All of the courses have a minimum entry requirement. Please note that CIT offers a Recognition of Prior Learning system, details of which can be found here.
In CIT RPL can be used to gain:
- an exemption or mark for a module or for a number of modules;
- entry to a course in first year where an applicant may not meet the standard entry requirements;
- advanced entry to a course at a stage other than first year.
There are two main categories within RPL
- the recognition of learning which has already had formal certification within the higher education system in Ireland or abroad, often referred to as formal learning.
- the recognition of learning which has been gained through experiences in the workplace, in voluntary work or elsewhere, usually referred to as experiential learning.
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020.