Research Centres & Groups
Research is a core dimension of activity at the Munster Technological University. In collaboration with a wide range of organisations including Higher Education Institutions, Industry, State and Voluntary Bodies, MTU is involved in research that contributes to supporting:
- Regional and National Industry.
- The National and EU knowledge economy and Innovation Base.
- Enhanced quality of life within Irish society.
- Quality research postgraduate education.
- Quality undergraduate and taught postgraduate teaching and learning.
Each of the Research Centres and Groups listed below are specialists in their area of expertise and thrive on solving research problems which make a difference. Please explore our centres and groups for further information and contact details should you wish to get in touch.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BIOEXPLORE research focuses on developing and applying the best platform technologies available to detect and treat both human and animal related diseases.
- Website: research-groups/BioExplore
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAPPA research focuses on the next generation of photonic devices, materials, and applications.
- Website: https://www.cappa.ie/
- Email: Cappa@mtu.ie
Clean Technology research focuses on promoting evidence-based sustainability.
- Website: https://ctc-cork.ie/
- Email: email@example.com
MTU Cork School of Music research involves investigating technical, creative, historical, and pedagogical aspects of musical practices and musical repertoires.
- Website: https://csm.cit.ie/
- Email: CSM.Info@cit.ie
MTU Crawford College of Art & Design research takes place across the disciplines of Fine Art, Applied Art, Art Education, Art Therapy, Visual Design and Media Communications.
- Website: https://crawford.cit.ie/research/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ed Tech and E-learning research focuses on the impactful interaction between technology and learning.
- Website: https://tel.cit.ie/about-us
- Email: email@example.com
Halpin research focuses on opportunities in the global maritime domain.
- Website: https://halpincentre.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hincks research focuses on entrepreneurship in all its forms.
- Website: https://hincks.cit.ie/about-us
- Email: HincksCentre@mtu.ie
MeSSO research focuses on mechanical and energy systems and applications.
- Website: https://messo.cit.ie
- Email: email@example.com
Nimbus research focuses on Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS)and Internet of Things (IoT)applications
- Website: https://nimbus.cit.ie/
- Email: Nimbus@mtu.ie
NutRI research focuses on Food Innovation, Food Microbiology and Public Health Nutrition.
- Website: https://biologicalsciences.cit.ie/nutri
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Process Innovation Engineering Research Group (PiERG) research focuses on providing solutions to the Pharma Engineering sector through its combined expertise in the development of predictive models and industrial pharmaceutical processing.
- Website: www.cit.ie/PiERG
- Email: email@example.com
Ríomh research focuses on the application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to help solve some of our most pressing Cybersecurity challenges.
- Website: https://cs.cit.ie/riomh
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Enterprise Engagement and Experiential Learning Research Group (E3LRG) focuses on viewing the workplace as a valid and valuable centre for learning.
- Email: email@example.com
The Health Exercise and Sport Research Group (HEx-Spo) research focuses on exercise and sports performance optimisation.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Space and Astronomy Research and Policy Group (SARP) at Blackrock Castle Observatory focuses on public engagement and research through astronomy and space.
- Website: https://www.bco.ie
- Email: email@example.com
The Sustainable Infrastructure Research & Innovation Group (SIRIG) research focuses on sustainable infrastructure developments.
- Website: sirig
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The V-LINC research group focuses on enhancing regional competitiveness through ecosystem mapping, analysis, and evaluation.
- Website: vlinc
- Email: email@example.com