Energy and the Environment (single module: 5 ECTS Credits)
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Part-time: One evening per week for 12 weeks.
Students are recommended to first complete the Certificate in Sustainable Energy (Special Purpose Award – Level 6).
Places for this course are limited. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis.
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
€850* includes course notes and exam fee.
*Discounts available for groups of three or more.
Note: Places for this course are limited. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis.
One evening per week for 12 weeks.
This module examines the impact of the generation, distribution, and use of electricity and electrically powered products on the environment, and the management methodologies to reduce and avoid these impacts.
- Environmental Management Systems
- Products: Design for Environment
- Legislative Framework
- Impacts of the use of electricity.
CIT: 5 ECTS credits at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Applications are now open online for September 2014.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.
- While every effort is made to process your application as early as possible, for operational reasons a decision on your application may not be made until September at the latest.
- Should places be still available, late applications may be made at the Information Evening at CIT's Bishopstown Campus from 6.00pm to 8.00pm on Wednesday 3rd September 2014.
- Note: Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis.