Maps and Travel
MTU Bishopstown Campus
The main campus is located in Bishopstown on the west of Cork city. It has easy access via the N40 South Ring Road and N22 Cork-Ballincollig-Macroom-Killarney-Tralee road. See the map below for the exact location of MTU.
- Latitude: 51.885884
- Longitude: -8.533218
- Bishopstown Campus Eircode: T12 P928
A more detailed guide to the Bishopstown campus is available here.
MTU Crawford College of Art & Design
The MTU Crawford College of Art & Design is located in Cork city centre.
- CCAD Sharman Crawford Street Campus, Cork. Eircode: T12 XK25 Tel: 021 433 5200
- CCAD Grand Parade Campus, Cork. Eircode: T12 VN56
- CCAD Sober Lane Campus, Cork.
MTU Cork School of Music
The MTUCork School of Music are located in Cork city centre.
- Union Quay, Cork. 021 480 7307
- MTU Cork School of Music Eircode: T12 E9HY
The National Maritime College of Ireland
The National Maritime College of Ireland (NMCI) is located in Ringaskiddy. This is approximately 16km (10 miles) from Cork cty via the N28. See the map below for the exact location of the NMCI campus.
- NMCI Eircode: P43 XV65
Bus Éireann provides regular services to and from the Bishopstown Campus:
- No.205 bus runs between the City Centre/Kent Train Station and MTU.
- No.208 runs from Mayfield to Bishopstown via the City Centre, stopping at the top of Rossa Avenue, a few minutes walk from MTU.
- No.220 runs from Ballincollig to Crosshaven/Carrigaline via the City Centre, stopping near the junction of Model Farm Road and Melbourn Road, a few minutes walk from MTU.
- No.201 is the north side orbital route and the No.219 is the south side orbital route, which both stop outside MTU.
For realtime bus timetables please see www.buseireann.ie or download the Transport for Ireland Real-Time mobile app from www.transportforireland.ie.
Cork is served by Iarnrod Eireann's Kent Station, where the No 205 bus can be boarded. Kent Station is about 10 minutes walk to Patrick Street and Cork Bus Station. There is also a taxi rank at the station. Trains can be taken to Dublin, Mallow, Cobh, Midleton and Tralee.
There is a full taxi service operating from the city centre. The taxi rank is located in the centre of Patrick Street. The fare to the MTU is approximately €15, depending on traffic. There are also several hackney companies located near the city centre.
Cork is served by Cork International Airport, which is on the N27 Kinsale Road, on the outskirts of the city. There are bus and taxi services operating from the airport. For more information visit http://www.corkairport.com.
Cork is served by a single ferry port which is located in Ringaskiddy on the N28 and currently has a service to and from Roscoff in France.