GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Subject Access Request (SAR)
Under the terms of the EU General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to ask the Institute for any information held about you as an individual. If you wish to make an enquiry about data that relates to yourself, then please contact the Data Protection Officer, CIT, Bishopstown, Cork, T12 P928. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information in your request:
- Full name and date of birth
- Your contact details
- If you are a student or member of staff, your student registration number or employee number
- If you are a previous student or member of staff details of when you were at the University and what you studied/which department you were in
- A full description of the information you are requesting. Please provide as much information as possible to help us locate the information such as the time periods concerned, particular departments or members of staff concerned. Please note we may have to get back to you to seek further clarification if we do not have enough detail to enable us to find the information you are seeking.
The Institute may ask for additional evidence of your identity.
In most cases we will respond to your request within one month. If your request is particularly complex we may have to extend this time by a maximum of a further two months but in this case we will inform you and explain the reasons for the delay.