UVERSITY HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ADULT LEARNERS
Unlocking potential, realising ambitions
- Opening Date for Applications: 1st February 2023
Uversity Higher Education Scholarships for Adult Learners are intended to remove financial barriers so that adult learners can unlock their potential and realise their ambitions.
Uversity’s scholarships will provide multi-annual financial support for recipients to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree for the first time in participating third level institutions in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. Scholarships can be any subject area and will be tailored to recipients’ financial circumstances to cover some or all of the direct and indirect costs associated with higher education.
Successful candidates must:
- Be at least 23 years by 1st January in the year of enrolment,
- Be a citizen of an EU/EEA member state, Switzerland or the UK* or have permanent leave to remain in the Irish State. See here for further information,
- Be resident on the island of Ireland for 3 out of the last 5 years,
- Be applying, have applied or have been admitted to a Bachelor’s Degree in one of Uversity’s participating institutions for the relevant academic year,
- Be in receipt of income support and/or be eligible for financial support under SUSI or UCAS guidelines.
- Non-EEA citizens resident on the island of Ireland must have received permanent leave to remain by the closing date for applications. See here for further information.
- Applicants can be currently enrolled on or have recently completed a course that prepares them for higher education.
- Applicants who have already received or are currently enrolled on a Bachelor’s Degree ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Applicants DO NOT need to have an offer at time of application but if selected for a scholarship must receive an offer on a Bachelor’s Degree in one of Uversity’s participating institutions to receive a scholarship. Candidates can have a deferred offer for admission to the 2022/23 academic year.
- Preference is given to candidates enrolling on full-time programmes in any subject that can normally be completed in a maximum of four years. Other programmes will be considered on a case by case basis.
Eligible candidates can submit an application via Uversity’s online system from 1st February - www.uversity.org
All applications will be reviewed by Uversity for eligibility and may be shortlisted for interview.
Further information on the programme and application process can be found here.
Requests for further information/clarification should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org