Engineering & Science
Head of Faculty of Engineering & Science
T: 021 433 5450
The Faculty of Engineering & Science delivers courses and research in a number of areas:
|Electronics, Mechanical, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Structural and Environmental, Sustainable Energy, Building Services, Construction, Electrical Engineering, and Craft Studies.||Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Applied Physics and Instrumentation, and Computing. Mathematics is taught to students across all areas of the Institute.|
The Faculty consists of the following Schools and Departments:
- Centre of Craft Studies
- Chemical and Process EngineeringChemical Engineering is important to everyone.Without it we would have no cereals for breakfast, no Cola in the can, no..
- Civil, Structural & Environmental EngineeringThe Department of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering offers courses in a number of areas including..
- ConstructionCourses in the Department of Construction reflect the multi-faceted nature of the construction process - being integrated through their focus on the building..
- Electrical & Electronic EngineeringFull-time and Part-time courses are offered up to Level 10.
- Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing EngineeringThe Department of Mechanical, Biomedical and Manufacturing Engineering offers courses in Advanced Manufacturing..
- Process, Energy and Transport Engineering
- School of Building & Civil EngineeringThe School of Building Civil and Environmental Engineering is a constituent school of the Faculty of Engineering..
- School of Mechanical, Electrical and Process EngineeringThe School of Mechanical and Process Engineering delivers courses and research in a number of areas including chemical..
- Biological SciencesThe Department of Biological Sciences offers courses in a number of areas including applied biosciences, biomedical..
- Computer ScienceThe Department of Computing offers courses in a number of areas including computer networking, IT management and..
- MathematicsThe Department of Mathematics offers mathematics teaching and learning service to a number of courses across CIT..
- Science & InformaticsCourses and research in physics, chemistry and biological sciences, computer networking, IT management and software development.
- Physical SciencesThe Department of Physical Sciences offers school-leavers a flexible and attractive career path, based on applied physics & instrumentation, and chemistry programmes...