Mechatronics (Level 7, 10 ECTs)
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
24th September 2020
Candidates must have at least two years relevant industrial experience and should have obtained their Leaving Certificate or an appropriate craft/technician qualification.
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2020-2021 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures. For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
*Discounts available for groups of three or more.
Note: Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis.
One evening per week for one academic year, one module per semester
This course covers the practical and theoretical requirements for certification by CIT. Certification requires that a candidate provides evidence of competence in the construction, operation and maintenance of pneumatic and electro-pneumatic systems through practical tasks and by meeting knowledge criteria.
The course also covers PLC programming to a high standard of achievement allowing students to programme training rigs and develop knowledge of industrial Mechatronic installations.
- Pneumatic design and implementation
- Electro-pneumatic design and implementation
- PLC design and implementation
- Mechatronic design and implementation
- Principles of the “Total Engineering Approach” to production systems
- Principles of typical sensors
- Principles of pneumatic, mechanical and electrical actuation systems
- Principles of embedded control (PLCs, controllers)
- Design, build and fault find on mechatronic systems
10 ECTS credits at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications, awarded by Cork Institute of Technology.
- Online application is open for course commencing September 2020.
- Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis. Once the course is full, online applications will closed for the course. Late applications may be considered should any places become available.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.