CIT operates one of the largest programmes of part-time study in Ireland. The Institute offers alternative routes to success through education, for example, for those who entered employment on completing their second-level education. It provides approximately 150 courses leading to Higher Certificate, Bachelor Degree, Honours Bachelor Degree, Postgraduate, Professional and Trades qualifications.
The ACCS scheme operates for many of these courses. Many courses leading to professional qualifications are also provided as well as short courses for industry. ACCS is an acronym for “Accumulation of Credits and Certification of Modules”. This scheme allows students (for specified courses) - instead of studying an entire course - to study one or more modules of that course. Modules passed, are certified individually, and can be accumulated, leading to an award of Higher Certificate, Degree or Honours Degree.
All part-time courses have an online application process. Please visit your chosen course and click on the 'Apply Tab' to begin the application process. There is also a designated contact name for each course should you have any queries. Early application is advisable as numbers of places on courses are limited.
An Information evening for the academic year beginning September 2019 will take place from 5.30pm to 7.00pm on the following dates
(Institute staff will be in attendance during each session to offer career guidance and assistance)
Tuesday 3rd September 2019
CIT Bishopstown Campus
- Business: Business Studies, Accounting, Management, Designing Innovative Services, Marketing, Human Resource Management, International Business with Aviation Studies, and Sales Strategy.
- Humanities: Cookery, Hospitality Management, Bar Operations, Counselling & Psychotherapy, and Play Therapy.
- Media: TV Production, PR with New Media, E-learning Design and Development, and Digital Media Design and Development.
Wednesday 4th September 2019
CIT Bishopstown Campus
- Engineering: Biopharmaceutical, Civil, Structural & Environmental, Good Manufacturing Practice, Construction, Mechanical, Biomedical, Advanced Manufacturing & Manufacturing Systems, Supply Chain & Transport Management, Transport & Automobile, Brewing & Distilling, Lean Six Sigma, Project Management, and Automation & Control Systems.
- Science & Informatics: Applied Physics & Instrumentation, Quality Assurance/Management, Computing, and Mathematics.
If you would like the Part-time Handbook sent to you by post, please send your postal details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mature Students (Full time Study)
Please click here for information on Mature Students.