Scada & Automation Systems (Level 7, 5 ECTs)
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Candidates must have at least two years relevant industrial experience and should have obtained their Leaving Certificate or an appropriate craft/technician qualification.
This course enables participants to adjust, service, maintain and design modern equipment, and to design and develop SCADA control systems. During the course, real data from a process control rig and flexible assembly line will be utilised in the design of applications.
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2018-2019 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
*Discounts available for groups of three or more.
Note: Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis.
One evening per week for 12 weeks in Semester 1.
Automation has been an essential tool in enhancing productivity and competitiveness for manufacturing industries. Automation is used to improve manufacturing performance, reduce operational costs and improve quality. Most industrial plants now have some form of automation,
which is controlled and monitored by SCADA systems.
- Computer based automation systems
- Control systems
- Connection and circuit technology for transducers
- PLC configuration and control
- Safety systems
- SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition)
5 ECTS credits at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications, awarded by Cork Institute of Technology.
- Online application will open shortly.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.