The Innovation & Enterprise Office in CIT is responsible for all Technology transfer activities between the institute and industry. These activities include the following:
- Managing the institute intellectual property (IP) policy
- Creating & promoting awareness of IP within CIT through Guides, Seminars, Guest speakers, Training courses, Lecturers etc.
- Creating & Building strong links with industry
- Generating income for education and further research
- Facilitating commercialisation of the institutes discoveries for the public good
- Working with CIT staff, Researchers & Students to commercialise their discoveries through the following:
- Creation of CIT campus companies
- Licensing of IP to Irish companies
What is Technology Transfer?