Management and Enterprise
The Department of Management and Enterprise offers courses in a number of areas including Business, Management and Entrepreneurship including postgraduate research and doctoral studies.
The Head of Department is Ms Caroline O Reilly . The contact details for the department are:
Department of Management and Enterprise
Department Head Department Secretary
Caroline O'Reilly Emma Clifford
T: 021 433 5923 T: 021 433 5806
E: firstname.lastname@example.org. E: email@example.com
The Department offers the following full time programmes
- Bachelor of Business – Level 7 which allows students the option to subsequently specialise depending on elective choices taken in level 8 degrees in Business, Accounting or Marketing.
- Bachelor of Business (Honours)
Applications for full-time course first year and advanced entry are normally via the Central Applications Office. For further details visit www.cao.ie or admissions
The Department offers the following part time programmes
The majority of the part-time courses have an online application process. Please visit your chosen programme and click on the 'Apply Tab' to begin the application process. There is also a designated contact name for each course should you have any queries. Early application is advisable as numbers of places on courses are limited.
Department undergraduate programmes are linked to a number of postgraduate study options within the School of Business which are detailed at: https://business.cit.ie/courses/post-graduate
Postgraduate research activity is linked to the areas of Economics, Innovation and Enterprise. The Department works closely with the following research groups and learning communities:
- Hincks Centre for Entrepreneurship Excellence which supports entrepreneurship in all its forms and is a part of the strong entrepreneurship eco-system across the Institute. https://hincks.cit.ie
- V-LINC is an expert research group which informs and develops policy recommendations through mapping, visualising and analysing the strength of key relationships within Cluster Ecosystems. https://bewiserconnect.cit.ie/v-linc
- The Economics Learning Community at MTU facilitates the exchange of resources and pedagogical practices amongst its members. It provides a platform for professional discussions, collaboration and sharing of practices while also enabling members to influence future continuing professional development offerings. You can meet members of the team here.
The Department of Management and Enterprise is an integral part of MTU’s School of Business, Bishopstown Campus and actively supports MTU’s education, research and industry engagement agenda. Further details of the School's activities can be found at https://business.cit.ie/about