All CIT campuses will be closed from 6pm this evening (March 12th) as per Government instructions. Please see below for further information.
UPDATE: 12 MAR 2020, 15:30
Erasmus Students who are currently outside Ireland
During this time of uncertainty due to COVID-19, to ensure the health and safety of our students we are advising that you make arrangements to conclude your Erasmus programme abroad and return home.
For CIT students studying outside of Ireland or undertaking a placement abroad though the Erasmus programmes please take the following steps;
- Make travel arrangement to return home.
- Notify your host institution that CIT has recommended that you end your study/placement abroad and that you are making travel arrangements
- Follow HSE protocols for returning persons – please visit coronavirus for full information.
- Notify your Erasmus Coordinator and Head of Department and email@example.com when you have arrived home.
- Credits: Please do not be concerned about Credits for the moment, your relevant Head of Department and Erasmus Coordinators will be in contact with you to make arrangements for this.
- Reasonable costs, not covered by the Erasmus programme, will be covered by CIT.
We will be in contact with any further updates as we receive them.
We wish you a safe journey home and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: 12 Mar 2020, 14:30
Students on Work Placements:
Follow your organisation's instructions in the first instance. Your organisations will have plans in place for working from home, restricted contact, etc.
- If your location, times, activities change, please let your coordinator know if you are working from home, as directed by your company, you will need to inform your coordinators. as we need to keep track of where you are for our own internal policies and procedures. You do not need medical certification for IEC forms.
- The work placement insurance for CIT students is still valid even if the college campus is closed. This would not impact your insurance cover.
- Placement “visits” will be rearranged to be conducted remotely until further notice.
- Please follow all HSE guidelines.
For considerations beyond those outlined above please contact your workplace coordinators or your Head of Department.
UPDATE: 12 Mar 2020, 14:15
SOLAS Apprenticeship Students
- All block apprenticeships: Classes will finish today. Any assessments due to take place this week or next week will be rescheduled to a later date.
UPDATE: 12 MAR 2020, 12:30
All CIT campuses will be closed from 6pm this evening (March 12th) as per Government instructions.
This includes all campus locations:
We will communicate further as more information becomes available.
Ensuring the health and safety of our students and staff and minimising the risk of spread of infection is our utmost priority.
Next week, starting Monday 16th March, will be a study week. Students should use this week as an opportunity to engage in independent learning.
Contingency plans are in place to facilitate continuity of academic delivery including options for remote teaching and student support. We are aiming to have these arrangements in place for week commencing Monday 23rd March.
Dr. Barry O'Connor
Please consult the HSE website for daily updates https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html