Arts in Group Facilitation (Certificate)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
31st May 2020
The Arts in Group Facilitation Certificate trains participants to facilitate workshops in a broader community context, working through the arts to empower group members. There is a strong emphasis on the value of diversity and the breadth of experience held within a group-learning environment.
Arts in Health and Education
This course runs once a month from September to May in three-day blocks (Thursday - Saturday), from 10.00am - 5.00pm commencing 26th September.
CIT CCAD Website:
This programme will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2019-2020 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
Course fee: €1,400
This 10 credit Level 8 course is a community arts training programme, involving training in visual arts, drama and movement, group facilitation skills and disability equality. It explores the potential of creativity in a group setting, within the context of disability equality and self-advocacy training. The course aims to facilitate the participation of people with and without disabilities who have an interest and commitment to the development of their creativity and group skills.
This course would suit:
- Graduates who want to work in a health or social context
- Educators in both formal and informal learning sector looking for fresh ways to inspire learners
- Social workers/community workers looking for arts based approaches to group work
Delivery & Duration
This course runs once a month from October to May in three-day blocks (Thursday - Saturday), from 10.00am - 5.00pm.
Entry to this course is by interview.
- Online application is open for course commencing 15th October 2020.
- Location: CIT Crawford College of Art & Design, Sharman Crawford Street, Cork.
- Course fee is €1,400 (payable in two instalments) Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €700 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee. You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Please note: Entry to this course is by interview.
NB ► Please upload the following supporting documentation with your application (relevant experience & reason for applying to this course). In order to assess your application, these essential additional documents specific to the application for this programme need to be uploaded to the “Supporting Documentation” section of the online application