Arts in Group Facilitation (Certificate)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
30th September 2021
The Arts in Group Facilitation Certificate (Level 8, 10 credits) focuses on the practical skills of planning and running creative workshops with groups in a range of non-formal contexts. Participants learn these skills through experiential learning processes, taking part in visual arts, drama, dance and music workshops and reflecting on the experience. The focus is on acknowledging the individual within learning, recognising the importance of play and the need for learning to be engaging. There is a strong emphasis on engaging with diversity and learning to adapt a range of arts approaches to meet the varying needs within a group. The programme will be delivered through blended learning, involving face to face experiential learning and online learning. The face to face learning is being designed to maximise the potential of creative learning in outdoor environments. We are adapting to Covid-19 restriction and see the potential of learning in outdoor environments for participants in the programme and for those participants may work with in the future. We are inviting participants to join us with a bicycle to access outdoor learning environments. The course will provide skills face to face in working in physical workshops, classes, centres as well as facilitation creative engagement online.
MTU Crawford College of Art & Design
This course had been running in three-day blocks throughout the academic year. Currently, the programme is being adjusted to blend online and face to face learning as a response to Covid-19 restrictions. A new timetable will be confirmed and it is likely to combine approximately 10 contact days, possibly at weekends, and also involve online engagement other weekends. Details will be provided soon.
CIT CCAD Website:
This programme will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that fees quoted relate to the academic year 2021-2022 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures. For more information on fees, please visit fees/students
This course is offed by the CCAD Department of Arts in Health & Education, and is located at No 46 Grand Parade Campus, Cork.
Course fee: €1,450
This course would suit:
- Graduates who want to work in a health or social context
- Educators in both formal and informal learning sector looking for fresh ways to inspire learners
- Social workers/community workers looking for arts based approaches to group work
Why do this course?
- Learn approaches to group work that take the emphasis off words and place it on finding your own unique voice within the group through a range of possible arts-based media
- Develop your creative skills to work with groups
- Develop and promote confidence and sense of belonging in a group
- Learn fresh ways to inspire learners in formal and informal learning
- Develop practical resources and training to work with a wide variety of groups in community and more specialised settings
Delivery & Duration
For the academic year 2021/2022, the programme may be adjusted to blend online and face to face learning as a response to Covid-19 restrictions. A new timetable will be confirmed and it is likely to combine approximately 10 contact days, possibly at weekends, and also involve online engagement other weekends. Details will be provided soon.
- Online application is open for course commencing in 1st October 2021 (timetable to be confirmed). Final date for application is 30th September..
- Location: MTU Crawford College of Art & Design, Sharman Crawford Street, Cork.
- Course fee is €1,450 (payable in two instalments) Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €700 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee. You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Entry to this course is by interview.
- You can only apply to this course via the 'Apply Online >>' link button below, using a desktop, laptop, or tablet.
- Online applications cannot be made on a smart phone.
- On the online applications form, please fill in the text in the graphic box (bottom left corner of page) and also tick the box indicating that you accept MTU's Online Terms & Conditions.
- When all necessary sections have been completed, the Apply Now button is highlighted and the application can be made. Immediately a box comes up which states that your application has been made and notification sent to the email address provided.
NB ► Please upload the following supporting documentation with your application (relevant experience & reason for applying to this course). In order to assess your application, these essential additional documents specific to the application for this programme need to be uploaded to the “Supporting Documentation” section of the online application
Places on this programme are offered to suitable applicants on a rolling basis and will close once we reach the maximum participant number. In recent years, we have had a high number of applicants and have not been in a position to offer all suitable applicants places. It is, therefore, in your interest to apply as early as possible for the programme to avoid disappointment.