Workshop: Engineering Your Talent Pipeline
Published on: Friday, 22 March 2019
When: 3pm, 11-Apr-2019
Where: Seminar Room, Melbourn Building, CIT
On a national level, demand for engineering talent is outstripping supply. New graduates are being snapped up into the workforce and experienced engineers have become highly prized assets. In order to address current talent supply options, is there more that we can do in the Cork region? Are there avenues that we have not yet explored that would be worth investigating? This workshop in Cork Institute of Technology will focus on identifying new options for the production of engineering talent in line with current and anticipated demand forecasts. On conclusion of the workshop, attendees will have the opportunity to review in excess of 200 student engineering projects at the annual CIT engineering exhibition.
This event will be chaired by Dave Murphy, CEO of PM Group.
To reserve your place at this free event, please click on the following link:
- 3.00pm – Arrival, tea/coffee, networking
- 3.30pm - Opening remarks from Dave Murphy, Chief Executive Officer at PM Group
- 3.35pm - Welcome from Dr Áine Ní Shé, Vice President of Academic Affairs, CIT
- 3.40pm - Industry needs – key points from Padraig Leahy, Engineers Ireland (Cork)
- 3.55pm - The “as is” engineering talent pipeline – Michael Loftus, CIT
- 4.10pm - Workshop – identification of options to increase the supply of engineering talent in Cork – facilitated by Dr Mary Moloney, CIT, and Dave Murphy, PM Group
- 4.50pm - Summary of key points from workshop – Dr Mary Moloney, CIT, and Dave Murphy, PM Group
- 5.00pm - Opportunity to review 200+ CIT student engineering projects in the 33rd Annual Cork Mechanical, Manufacturing and Biomedical Engineering Exhibition