Install your home CA certificate
- Open up a web browser on your Android device and go to the URL provided by your home site Click here
- Android should download the certificate and install it locally.When prompted, enter a name and purpose for the certificate, and tap OK
Create your eduroam profile
- Create the new profile as follows, and tap Save
- Network SSID: eduroam
Security: 802.1x EAP
EAP method: PEAP
Phase-2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
CA certificate AddTrust External CA Root
Password: Email password
To connect your Android device to the eduroam network, complete the following short steps.
1: Connect to CIT-Wireless-Setup.
2: A pop up window will generate. Select ‘Accept’.
3: Open Browser & Go To www.cit.ie/eduroam
4. Select 'Student'
5. Scroll to ‘Android Mobile Devices’.
6. Download the Certificate by selecting 'Click Here'.
7. Name certificate ‘Eduroam’ and select ‘Wi-Fi’.
8. Connect to 'Eduroam' in Wi-Fi.
9: Enter your student details (E.g. R00012345@mycit.ie)
If you have any issues with connecting to the eduroam network, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.