Cork Colleges Progression Scheme
In addition to the general QQI/FETAC entry arrangements, MTU Cork Campus has a scheme for the admission of students who successfully complete courses in linked Further Education Colleges in Cork called the Cork Colleges Progression Scheme (CCPS).
Students applying for Year 1 will be made offers in Round 0 (start of August) on the QQI quota basis. Specific entry criteria for QQI applicants (also including students from CCPS colleages) is listed on the CAO website.
During CAO Round 1 and subsequent rounds, CCPS applicants may still receive an offer, subject to place availability.
CCPS students applying for Year 2 entry will be reviewed and made offers based on criteria highlighted in the CCPS Course Links Document (below).
Note: There is no entry to year 2 of Social Care Work- MT573.
The FE Colleges participating in the Cork Colleges Progession Scheme are
- Cork College of FET Morrison's Island Campus
- Cork College of FET West Cork Campus
- Cork College of FET Tramore Road Campus
- Cork College of FET Douglas Street Campus
- Cork College of FET Kinsale Campus
- Cork College of FET Mallow Campus
- Cork College of FET Knocknaheeny Centre
Application to CCPS
Steps for applying under the Cork Colleges Progression Scheme:
Step 1: Ensure you first apply via CAO (for Year 1 or Year 2 <via Advanced Entry>, or both if eligible)
Step 2: Fill an online CCPS application form
The deadline for CCPS applications is 1st May 2023.
Applicants to MTU Cork Year 1 and Year 2
♦ Students taking a full QQI Level 5 or Level 6 award linked under the CCPS to a specific course in MTU Cork Campus may apply for year 1 entry.
♦ Students taking a full QQI Level 6 award linked under the CCPS to a specific course in MTU Cork Campus may apply for year 2 entry. We strongly advise to apply for both year 1 and year 2.
♦ Applicants to Year 1 and for Year 2 must first apply for the MTU Cork course(s) through the CAO.
CAO deadline: 1st February 2023 at 5pm
Note: Late CAO applications up to the 1st May 2023 are accepted for non-restricted courses from candidates.
Applicants to year 1 and/or year 2 need to complete online the CCPS application form
- The FE College will be informed of your CCPS online application by the MTU Cork Campus Admissions Office.
- The minimum requirement for Year 1 entry onto courses in MTU Cork is a full QQI Level 5 Award. Details of requirements are outlined on the CAO website.
- The minimum requirement for year 2 entry is successful completion of your full QQI Level 6 Award with 5 merits.
- Some courses in MTU Cork may have more specific requirements. Log onto www.mtu.ie/courses for course requirements.
- For QQI Level 6 students, it is strongly advised that you also apply through the CAO for year 1 entry, as year 2 entry is not guaranteed.
- If successful, students will receive an offer through the CAO at round 0, round 1 or round 2. Specific dates for each CAO round will be available here.
For QUERIES IN RELATION TO the CCPS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Admissions Office- MTU Cork Campus
Phone: 021 4335041