Expertise / Projects
The V-LINC research group has experience working on European and Nationally Funded Cluster projects across the following countries.
V-LINC analysis has been undertaken on clusters in the following sectors & regions:
- BioPharma in Wallonie, Belgium: Partner(s) - BioWin and Service Public de Wallonie
- Tourism in Gaborone, Botswana: Partner - Botswana International University
- Finance in Shanghai, China: Partner - University of Valencia
- Cosmetics in Bogota, Colombia: Partner - Bogota Chamber & University del Rosario
- ICT in Nicosia, Cyprus: Partner - Cyprus Computer Society
- Mining in Pyhäsalmi, Finland: Partner - University of Oulu
- ICT in Paris, France: Partner - Systematic
- ICT in Karlsruhe, Germany: Partner - CyberForum
- Agri-food in Cork, Ireland: Partner - West Cork Development Partnership
- BioPharma in Cork, Ireland: Partner - PharmaChem Ireland
- Maritime in Cork, Ireland: Partner - Irish Maritime and Energy Resource Cluster
- Tourism in Cork, Ireland: Partner - Kinsale Chamber of Commerce
- ICT in Ljubljana, Slovenia: Partner - ICT Technology Network
- Agri-food in Pretoria, South Africa: Partner - University of Pretoria
- ICT in Barcelona, Spain: Partner - Eurecat
- ICT in Northern Ireland, United Kingdom: Partner - Invest Northern Ireland
- Maritime in Southampton, United Kingdom: Partner - Marine South East
- ICT in Chicago, USA: Partner(s) - Chicagoland Chamber & University of Illinois
The V-LINC research group is active on the following European Projects:
ecoRIS3 - The V-LINC research group was awarded the Interreg Europe ecoRIs3 project in January 2017, and we are also the Communications Leader for the international consortium.
ecoRIS3 addresses the transfer of innovation and knowledge, produced by both Research and Technological Organisations(RTOs) and Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs), to all types of Enterprises.
Regional Innovation SMART Specialisation Strategies (RIS3) focus on how the regional innovation ecosystem can be best structured and delivered.
The ecoRIs3 project addresses the clear need to promote better policies and measures, which generate solid interactions and knowledge transfers, between key research and production actors.
|Be Wiser (Building Enterprises – Wireless and Internet Security in European Regions) is a 36 month project funded under the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) of the European Commission. It involves twelve partners from seven European countries and aims to strengthen the research, innovation potential and global competitiveness of European regions by bringing together research actors, enterprises, institutions and policy makers into a collaboration network. Lead partner is Systematic Paris Region (www.be-wiser.eu).|
|The Resource Efficiency Maritime Capacity Project (REMCAP) is a 36 month project funded under the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) of the European Commission. It aims to increase innovation capacity in maritime resource efficiency to better position the maritime sector to exploit the growing global demand for resource efficient technologies, systems and operations. REMCAP is a collaborative project with a total of 14 partner organisations from six European Regional Research Driven Clusters (www.remcap.eu).|
|The V-LINC analysis was applied to the Agri-food sector in West Cork, Ireland, as part of a project commissioned by Cork County Council through the ATClusters project (www.atcluster.org) in collaboration with the West-Cork Development Partnership.|
Other experience includes:
- Smart Specialisation Peer Review
- Executing SWOT & PESTLE Analysis
- Undertaking Market Analysis
- Animating Policy Roundtables
- Developing + Conducting Online Surveys & Analysis
- Joint Action Planning
- Academic Publications