Opportunities for Job Seekers at CIT
Published on: Tuesday, 17 June 2014
Cork Institute of Technology is offering twelve courses this September under the Springboard & ICT Skills Initiatives, with places for two hundred and thirteen job-seekers.
Springboard & ICT Skills Initiatives give an opportunity to job seekers, be they those who have lost a job or who were previously self-employed, to take part-time and full-time, work-focused courses at third level, free of charge, while maintaining their benefits.
The Springboard & ICT Skills courses available in CIT range from Cloud Technologies to Environmental and Energy Engineering. These courses provide a dynamic pipeline of job-ready graduates, with up-to-the-minute skills and valuable qualifications for sectors of the Irish economy that are expanding and recruiting.
In previous years, CIT has had an excellent record of success under both Springboard & ICT Skills initiatives with over 300 students benefiting each year and they work closely with employers to ensure that the skills relate directly to employment needs. One such student, Ciara Conlon, gained employment after completing the Higher Diploma in Cloud Computing.
“Coming from a town planning background, I had absolutely no background in IT but wanted to up-skill in a high employment industry due to the downturn in construction related activity without having the expense or time to start with a fresh degree course. The flexible and online element of the programme was an enormous advantage considering I had two pre-school children. Completing this course has really improved my employability and turned my career around.”
Ciara was employed in a full time position in VM Ware, one month prior to completing the course and has since moved into a new role as a Project Leader in the Global Technical Support team.
There is a great focus on delivering skills that are required by growing industries through content and design of the courses being offered, all of which have a work placement and practical experience built into the course and educational process.
Those interested in enrolling on a CIT Springboard course are encouraged to log onto springboard which will provide details of eligibility and full information on course provision.
Those eligible, can then register for their chosen course at www.springboardcourses.ie
CIT offer the following courses under the Springboard Initiative: -
- Advanced Industrial Instrumentation & Automation
- Certificate in Automation & Control
- Certificate in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Operations
- Certificate in Food Manufacturing Operations
- Certificate in Lean Six Sigma, Green Belt
- Certificate in Lean Six Sigma, Black Belt
- Certificate in Plant and Piping Design
- Diploma in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Operations
- Higher Diploma in Cloud Computing (ICT Skills)
- Higher Diploma in Cloud & Mobile Software Development (ICT Skills)
- Higher Diploma in Science in Data Science & Analytics (ICT Skills)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Civil Engineering (Environment and Energy)