MTU has designed its courses in a very flexible way in order to give you the option of graduating at different levels – bachelor degree, honours bachelor degree, professional and postgraduate. This “Ladder” enables you to progress through the system to qualifications appropriate to your personal requirements.
Options at Entry
There are two main entry streams for full-time students. MTU offers “ab-initio” honours degrees. (Ab-initio means “from the beginning”). Students commit to the full four year honours degree programme from the start. These courses are shown in the CAO Level 8 list.
Alternatively, we have a great variety of Bachelor degree programmes of three years duration, which are shown in the Level 7 list. Most of these have the option to add on another year of study to gain an Honours Degree.
Many of our three-year bachelor degree programmes also have an “exit option” after two years. Students who successfully complete Year 2 of these programmes and who do not wish to progress to Year 3 will receive a Higher Certificate award.
- Types of degree and qualificationCIT has designed its courses in a very flexible way in order to give you the option of graduating at..
- Entry RequirementsThe minimum entry requirements for most Bachelor Degree (Level seven) courses are as follows..
- Study options and flexibilityIf you are a mature student who is interested in studying at third level, CIT has a lot to offer you.
- Approach to teachingCourses at Cork Institute of Technology are organised in modules and semesters.The college year will be made up of two equal terms called semesters..
- Portfolio GuildelinesBA in Visual Communications, Fine Art, and Contemporary Applied Art (Ceramics, Glass, Textiles)
- Advice on picking a courseWhat areas of occupation are you interested in? Do you have a flair for writing, music, sport or science?
- Find a CourseSearch by code, name, department, field of study, qualification and type of study..