Top Tips for CAO
- Choose courses in your genuine order of preference, based on your own career aspirations.
- There are many advantages to using the CAO's online application system.
- The normal closing date for applications (online or paper) is February 1st by 5.15pm. After the 1st May and until the 1st July you may, if you wish, register a change of course choice. [However, you cannot add a restricted-application course for the first time using the Change of Mind process].
- It is imperative that you research your course choices thoroughly. For CIT courses, be sure to consult the Institute's Full Time Handbook Entry for more information. Please click here to request a Handbook by post.
- If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty you are encouraged to indicate this in your application as it will facilitate the Institute in addressing any specific support needs you may have.
- You should retain a record of your application information as well as all correspondence with the CAO.
If in doubt, check for clarification with your school guidance counsellor, subject teacher or the Institute itself.