Non standard admissions
Apply through the Central Applications Office (CAO) at www.cao.ie
Apply through the Head of Department or contact the department secretary first. If the Head of Department asks for a portfolio to be created to establish equivalene, then you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support with its creation.
Credits on a programme
- Register for the modules including the modules you intend achieving through RPL
- Speak with the lecturer timetabled for the module. Let them know that you intend applying for RPL and the basis of your case. They are responsible for assessing the RPL case.
- Locate the learning outcomes at http://courses.cit.ie/, search for the module code on this site
- Download the paperwork required and complete it rpl/usefulform
- Gather the evidence which forms the basis of your case, this might be transcripts of results, syllabus, past exam papers or it might be a range of evidence from the workplace or other activities.
- Come to a workshop if you need support putting your case together. These are timetabled every 1-2pm and 5-6 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday in room B185 for the first six weeks of term.
- Submit through email to DL_RPL@cit.ie or to email@example.com by week 6 of term. All original transcripts of results must be presented and validated at an RPL workshop and before submitting for assessment. Check Upload Instructions to ensure you do this correctly.