Non standard admissions
Apply through the Central Applications Office (CAO) at www.cao.ie
Apply through the Head of Department or contact the department secretary first. If the Head of Department asks for a portfolio to be created to establish equivalence, then you can contact email@example.com for support with its creation.
Credits on a programme
- Register for the modules including the modules you intend achieving through RPL
- Speak with the lecturer timetabled for the module. Let them know that you intend applying for RPL and the basis of your case. They are responsible for assessing the RPL case.
- Locate the learning outcomes at http://courses.cit.ie/, search for the module code on this site
- Download the paperwork required and complete it rpl/usefulform
- Gather the evidence which forms the basis of your case, this might be transcripts of results, syllabus, past exam papers or it might be a range of evidence from the workplace or other activities. Make this evidence digital and include it in the rear of the RPL application.
- You may have questions, attend an MS Teams RPL workshop if you need support. These are timetabled for 1-2pm and 5-6 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from early September to the 27th October 2022 inclusive. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your MS Teams workshop with your preferred time/date.
- Check out the completed examples for prior formal learning and for prior experiential learning to see what is expected.
- Submit through email to DGc-RPL_CK@list.mtu.ie or to email@example.com by the 27th October 2022 deadline. Check Upload Instructions to ensure you do this correctly.