MTU Blackrock Castle Observatory
In an exciting collaboration between the Munster Technological University, Cork City Council, and a private benefactor, Blackrock Castle was re-opened to the public in November 2007 as CIT Blackrock Castle Observatory, the Space for Science.
The science centre promotes science, engineering and technology in Ireland as a centre of excellence in scientific research, education and outreach and continues to bring science education back down to Earth, making it accessible for all.
- Cosmos at the CastleCosmos at the Castle, is a state-of-the-art, multimedia-driven exhibition.
- BCO LabsCIT BCO is also home to BCOLabs, staffed by researchers from the Astronomy Instrumentation Group at CIT.
- Dungeon and Turret ToursDungeon and turret will bring you on a journey into the history of Blackrock Castle
- First Fridays at the CastleMTU BCO hosts an open night at the Castle with inspired activities, workshops and talks for visitors of all ages
- Partnerships & ExhibitionsCIT exhibits and multi-media projects which are on display both to entertain and educate the public, as well as showcasing the CIT works.
- BCO WebsitePlease click here to visit MTU Blackrock Castle Observatory website www.bco.ie