Certificate in Digital Marketing (Level 8)
This short programme uses an innovative blend of real-world situations and problems to assist participants in exploring the opportunities of the digital environment.
The programme is structured to ensure that participant’s time is used wisely and entails a variety of speakers drawn from the business world. An innovative blend of lectures, seminars, workshops and labs is used to ensure that the programme is relevant, engaging and enjoyable.
CERTIFICATE IN DIGITAL MARKETING (LEVEL 8)
The Certificate in Digital Marketing is a 15 week part-time programme entailing lab work, seminars and live-case work that is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and confidence required to successfully market business in a digital environment.
The industry focus of the programme coupled with the applied nature of teaching provides practical bedrock of knowledge and experience which can be used to immediate effect in a multitude of business contexts. Participants will explore various social media platforms, website technologies (including mobile), analysis tools and much more to develop a toolbox of skills that is valuable and readily usable in both B2C and B2B environments.
The programme involves 4 modules (5 credits each)
- Digital Marketing Environment – This module explores the current marketing landscape with emphasis on the challenges posed by the digital context in which many businesses are now operating. This module is delivered using workshops and seminars.
- Digital Advertising and Social Media – This practical lab based module will enable students to formulate an integrated digital marketing communications campaign. Students will also learn how to leverage a company's presence on social media platforms to generate more connections and build relationships with customers.
- Website Optimisation and Analytics – Many businesses are using inefficient and outdated websites that perform poorly in terms of search engine optimisation. This module will focus on the development of websites using existing technologies such as Wordpress and similar content management systems. Participants will explore how to integrate add-ons such as PayPal and social media content with a view to optimising the website from a usability search engine optimisation perspective.
- Applied Digital Marketing Strategy – This module acts as a capstone on the certificate and draws together learning from the above areas with a particular focus on developing a strategic context for content, technology and alternative platforms.
PROGRAMME IN BRIEF
The programme has been developed to ensure that participants are developing sustainable skills and knowledge that underpin digital marketing.
Specifically, the programme aims:
- To develop knowledge of digital marketing tools and technologies in the context of the strategic direction of a business;
- To integrate traditional marketing principles into marketing activity in online and mobile environments;
- To apply practical skills to web design to ensure optimised web/mobile platforms using SEO and content management strategies.
Eligible appliciants may also consider progressing to the MSc in Digital Marketing Strategy.
Candidates may be required to undertake an interview at MTU, Bishopstown Campus, Cork, before admission to the course.
Eligible applicants are those who hold a level 7 or level 8 degree or relevant experience in an industry role. Non-native English speakers must have worked or studied in an English-Speaking country for 5 years, or provide IELTS test scores showing an average of 6.5 and no individual test score under 6.
Applications must be made online using the “Apply Now” link at go.mtu.ie/CRBDGMR8
This course is normally available as either an on-campus course (with classes being held at our Bishopstown campus) or online (with attendees participating via their laptop using a webcam and microphone).
We are currently accepting applications for both on-campus and online delivery versions of the course. However, the decision on whether the on-campus mode of delivery will run will depend upon the number of applications and prevailing public health conditions.
Online delivery: Participants attend all classes online. Webcam and microphone are required and attendees are expected to attend all sessions ‘live’ i.e. three sessions of 2 hours a week during weekdays over one semester.
On-Campus Delivery: All classes are held at MTU Bishopstown Campus, Cork. These are typically spread over 15 Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm to 9.30pm) and 3½ Saturdays. Exact dates will be confirmed in mid-September.
Total Tuition: 72 hours
- More information/Apply onlineTo apply for the level 8 Certificate in Digital Marketing please click the link above to visit our detailed course information page. From here please see the Apply tab to submit online.
- MSc in Digital Marketing Strategy (part-time)Want to progress to Masters Level? Our MSc in Digital Marketing Strategy takes place over 4 semesters and includes the flexibility required by those with busy lifestyles!