To make an online payment
- Once you click the "Make Payment Online" button below, you will be redirected to a third-party website where you will be required to enter:
- - Student ID
- - Date of Birth
- - The Cardholders details including email, address and Eircode. This information is required to validate the card payment.
Please ensure that the card you are using is set up for 3D secure payments. This is an additional level of security introduced by Banks on 31/12/2020.
You should get a request from your card provider to authorise the payment by entering a code or a pin number. If you are encountering an error you may not be setup for 3D Secure and you will need to contact your bank who can resolve this quickly for you.
Please note we are currently unable to accept AMEX card payments.
- If you click "Query Balance", your current outstanding balance will be emailed to your MTU email address.
- If you click "Make Payment", you will be redirected to the Realex website - Online Payments Service Provider - to enter credit/laser card details.
- If the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation receipt to your MTU email address.
- Note: If there is a transaction/daily limit on your laser card, you may be required to complete more than one transaction to pay an outstanding balance in full.
New Requirements for Payment Processing
To reduce online fraud, the EU Payments Services Directive 2 (PSD2) now requires Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) to be used for all electronic transactions This requires all online providers to capture additional cardholder data and send to the cardholder’s bank. As a result, additional information has been added to the online payment process to capture such cardholder data.
The cardholders bank will validate this against the data they have for the cardholder and determine if the cardholder needs further authentication when processing their transaction, and if so, what that authentication will entail. In the event of further authentication being required, cardholders will need to contact their bank should they require assistance.
Payment can also be made by Bank Transfer to the MTU Cork Fees Account
The following are MTU - Cork Student Fees Bank Account details:
Name on Account
MTU Fees Account Cork
Bank of Ireland
Munster Technological University
Account No: 58740423
Sort Code: 90-35-76
BIC Code: BOFIIE2D
IBAN: IE90 BOFI 9035 7658 7404 23
Please ensure you include your Student ID Number (R00XXXXXX) as the reference when making a payment as this enables us to identify which student the payment is for.
Electronic notifications of lodgements to this account can be sent by email to our students Fees office at feesCork@mtu.ie