Munster Technological University is committed to providing flexible and efficient services to all students, and as part of this strategy we have implemented an online payment system.
To make an online payment:
- Once you click the "Make Payment Online" button, you will be redirected to a third party website where you will be required to enter:
- Student ID
- Date of Birth
- If you click "Query Balance", your current outstanding balance will be emailed to your MyCIT email address
- If you click "Make Payment", you will be redirected to the Realex website - Online Payments Service Provider - to enter credit/laser card details
- If the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation email with your outstanding balance
- Note: If there is a transaction/daily limit on your laser card, you may be required to complete more than one transaction to pay an outstanding balance in full.
New Requirements for Payment Processing
To reduce online fraud, the EU Payments Services Directive 2 (PSD2) now requires Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) to be used for all electronic transactions This requires all online providers to capture additional cardholder data and send to the cardholder’s bank. As a result, additional information has been added to the online payment process to capture such cardholder data.
The cardholders bank will validate this against the data they have for the cardholder and determine if the cardholder needs further authentication when processing their transaction, and if so, what that authentication will entail. In the event of further authentication being required, cardholders will need to contact their bank should they require assistance.
Payment can also be made by Bank Transfer to the MTU Cork Fees Account.
The following are MTU COrk Student Fees Bank Account details:
Name on Account:
MTU Fees Account Cork
Bank of Ireland
Munster Technological University
Account No: 58740423
Sort Code: 90-35-76
BIC Code: BOFIIE2D
IBAN: IE90 BOFI 9035 7658 7404 23
Please ensure you include your Student ID Number (R00XXXXXX) as the reference when making a payment as this enables us to identify which student the payment is for.
Electronic notifications of lodgements to this account can be sent by email to our students Fees office at firstname.lastname@example.org