Erasmus Accommodation Information
Please note that you should not apply for accommodation until the Erasmus Office at CIT has confirmed your acceptance.
- Many accommodation providers in Cork prefer to let rooms for the full academic year. It can therefore be difficult to find accommodation for the autumn semester only.
Information on student accommodation available in Cork, and the web addresses of a number of apartment complexes adjacent to CIT, can be found below.
Students who wish to reserve a room in one of the apartment complexes adjacent to the CIT Bishopstown campus (i.e., Edenhall, Parchment Square, Abbeyville, Deanshall), can download an accommodation application form here. Your completed application form should be sent to Erasmus@cit.ie as soon as possible after you have received your confirmation of acceptance from the CIT Erasmus Office.
The ERASMUS student office provides information on the various accommodation options available to Erasmus students. The information provided will help you find suitable accommodation and we hope your stay in Cork will be an enjoyable one.
There are many accommodation options open to students, some of which are listed and described below. A full list of accommodation is available from the CIT Accommodation Office. accommodation
APARTMENT COMPLEXES ADJACENT TO CIT CAMPUS
Most incoming exchange students stay in apartment complexes, which are located within a 5/10 minute walk of CIT’s Bishopstown campus, such as Parchment Square, Eden Hall, Deans Hall, Abbeyville.
Apartments are very popular so early booking is recommended. Erasmus students who wish to book accommodation in one of these apartment complexes should complete the attached Accommodation Request Form and forward it to CIT Erasmus Office (Erasmus@cit.ie ). Once the reservation has been made, students will be contacted by the management of the particular apartment complex with details of payment procedures and terms and conditions. Once accommodation has been booked and confirmed, changes may incur financial penalties. All student complexes are available on a set term contract. The start and finish dates are pre-set. Payment is by instalments only (one payment each semester).
Information and prices about the accommodation types can be found on each of their websites:
- Kinlay House - Hostel: www.kinlayhouse.ie
- Parchment Square Apartments: www.parchmentsquarecork.com
- Eden Hall - Apartments - www.edenhall.ie
- Deans Hall Apartments* – www.deanshallbishopstown.com
- Abbeyville Apartments – www.abbeyville.org
Alternative local accommodation is available for students studying at the National Maritime College of Ireland - please contact us for details if this applies to you. The NMCI is located in Cork Harbour (Ringaskiddy) which is approximately 20 km from Cork City.
OTHER ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
Students who prefer to look for their own accommodation when they arrive in Cork can book into a hostel for a few days whilst you look for accommodation when you arrive in Cork. Information on hostel accommodation can be found on the CIT Accommodation Office link (above). You will also find information on houses/flats to rent on the Accommodation Office web pages.
- Most accommodation providers prefer to take students who are staying for the full academic year so that they do not risk having empty rooms if tenants leave in December/January, so it can be difficult to find accommodation for the first semester only.
- Shared rooms usually cost less per person than single rooms but a room on your own will give you more privacy and more opportunity to study.
- Costs vary depending on the location.
- You should take into account the cost of daily transport to and from CIT when choosing accommodation.